“Be realistic, demand the impossible.” – Che Guevara
Jennifer Ostertag is an attorney at AlderLaw. Ms. Ostertag represents individuals who have been injured by others’ negligence. She also represents employees whose employers have harassed them, discriminated against them or deprived the employees of their fair wages.
Before joining AlderLaw, Ms. Ostertag has served as associate general counsel for a top Internet search engine at the peak of the technology explosion. Ms. Ostertag also has tried cases as lead counsel both in court and in arbitration.
Ms. Ostertag grew up in France, where she received her Baccalauréat économique et social.
- Recognized by her peers as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in Southern California from 2008 to 2012
- Listed on the Rising Stars list by Southern California Super Lawyers
- Named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers in 2014, 2108, and 2019
- Loyola Marymount University, B.A., Political Science, 1995
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 1999
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles – Board of Governors
- Executive Committee for the Beverly Hills Bar Association – Employment Law Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Co-Chair for the Committee on Empowering Women
- American Association for Justice’s International Relations Committee
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Over the course of her career, Ms. Ostertag has tried cases as lead counsel both in court and in arbitration. Some of the settlements and verdicts Ms. Ostertag has obtained include:
- $3.3 million jury verdict against owners of a Mexican hotel chain for breach of an exclusive booking contract.
- $2.5 million settlement for plaintiff whose car collided with a tractor-trailer that was hidden by a dust cloud that accompanied the rig out of a field.
- $1.675 million settlement for construction worker who sustained a spinal crush injury from a falling mock-up wall.
- $1.125M settlement for a generator technician who sustained a brain injury as a result of discrimination based on his national origin.
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District
- United States District Court, Southern District
- United States District Court, Central District