Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Proverbs 31:8
Lourdes DeArmas joined AlderLaw as a personal injury attorney in 2016. Ms. DeArmas represents clients in a variety of cases from contractual disputes, class actions, consumer rights, hospitality injury, amusement park injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death litigation, catastrophic personal injury, insurance bad faith, copyright infringement, and educational fraud.
Ms. DeArmas’ dedication to her injured clients and her love of the law are what make her an amazing attorney and invaluable member of the team at AdlerLaw. Her family is originally from Cuba and she is fluent in Spanish.
- Chair and Board Member for Public Interest Law Committee from 1997-1999
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine 2019
- Finalist at the University of North Carolina Craven Memorial Constitutional Law Competition in 1999
- Reagan Library Presidential Scholar, 1994
- Member of the Cal Lutheran NCAA Women’s Basketball Team, 1990-1991
- California Lutheran University, B.A. in Political Science and Communication Arts, 1994
- Southwestern University School of Law School in Los Angeles, J.D., 2000
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Represented over 800 inmates of the California Department of Corrections in cases involving inadequate medical care and treatment.
- Represented over 22 named plaintiffs and a certified class of former students alleging that the post-secondary school violated the California’s Education Code and consumer protection laws by falsely claiming that school was accredited. The case culminated in a multi-million-dollar settlement.
- Represented a client in an amusement park injury case that resulted in a ride design change and confidential settlement.
- Frequently speaks on continuing legal education for attorneys and has authored several handbooks and articles.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Eastern District of California, and Northern District of California.