“My job is to restore people’s faith in our jury system,” said Michael Alder, owner of AlderLaw PC. “Our country’s founding fathers devised a way to protect the little guy from big business or anyone else who was in a position of power and had the ability to exploit it and wrote that into our Constitution. They realized that the right to a trial by a jury of twelve objective people who heard all the facts would result in justice being served the vast majority of the time and would guarantee average Americans who are wronged a fighting chance against the big guys. Runaway juries are not this country’s problem right now – runaway corporations and insurance companies who leave our citizens high and dry, while their executives get rich in the process, are our current nightmare. My job is to educate people about that fact, just as the insurance companies and big corporations are spending tens of millions of dollars to distribute misinformation about our justice system.”
Michael Alder is owner and Senior Trial Attorney at AlderLaw, a leading Los Angeles firm that represents plaintiffs in personal injury, business torts and employment litigation cases. As one of the top trial attorneys in California, Mr. Alder vigorously pursues all cases on behalf of his clients who have suffered injustices.
As an underdog advocate, Mr. Alder takes pride in being personally involved in every case his firm takes on. Along with his team of lawyers, paralegals, law clerks and litigation assistants, he is consistently breaking records and earning the praise of the press with significant settlements and impressive verdicts.
The former CAALA president, well renowned speaker, and published author on trial strategy has a long history of supporting other trial attorneys. Mr. Alder maintains a 9,000-deposition database and an expert witness directory and provides information, at no charge, to up and coming lawyers upon request.
Mr. Alder has repeatedly been recognized for his professional accomplishments and a few of his many successes include:
- Created the “Warrior Fund” to level the playing field for new lawyers pursuing cases against big multi-national corporations and well-funded insurance companies.
- In 2011, he was the first attorney in the country to have 3 verdicts listed in Verdict Search’s “Top 100 Verdicts” of the year when he obtained:
- Largest personal injury verdict in Ventura County history ($39.4 million)
$29.1 million personal injury verdict in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana history
Breach of Contract Award with Punitive Damages in Los Angeles County ($33 million)
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer – 2004 – 2018
- Winner of the prestigious Clay Award and named the personal injury “California Attorney of the Year” by California Lawyer – 2014
- 3-time Nominee for California’s Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Made Daily Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers in California list in 2011
- Declared as one of the Daily Journal’s Top 20 under 40 in 2005
- Youngest lawyer to be named Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles’ (CAALA) “Trial Lawyer of the Year”
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) – Member since 2003
- Los Angeles Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee
- Founder and 2018 President of Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities
- Board Member of the Inner-City Law Center
- American Museum of Tort Law – Founder
- Consumer Attorneys of California – Member since 2001
- Consumer Attorneys Association Of Los Angeles – President in 2012 and member of the
- Board of Governors since 2001
- Serves on the board of directors for the National Hispanic Media Coalition and the Metro Los Angeles YMCA – since 2020
Louisiana State University, Undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees
- Your list
- Your list
- Your list