In 2000, Michael Alder established his law firm with one goal: To obtain the best results possible for clients who had been injured through the fault of others. Mr. Alder soon earned a reputation as one of the best trial attorneys in California, routinely receiving record settlements and verdicts. Indeed, he is the youngest person ever to be named “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) and in 2014 received the Clay Award and was named personal injury “California Attorney of the Year” by California Lawyer. Mr. Alder is also the only attorney in the country ever to have 3 verdicts listed in Verdict Search’s “Top 100 Verdicts of the Year” ($39.4 million; $33 million; and $29.1 million). He is a past president of CAALA, a member of ABOTA since 2003, and a frequent speaker at seminars on trial strategy. Year after year, Mr. Alder has continued to obtain unparalleled results for his clients, and since 2000, over $1 billion has been awarded to AlderLaw’s clients.
As Mr. Alder’s practice grew, he added attorneys who shared his same vision to represent injured plaintiffs and achieve the best results for the firm’s clients. Six AlderLaw attorneys were named as 2018 Southern California SuperLawyers while another five were named as 2018 Southern California Rising Stars. In addition, over half of the attorneys at AlderLaw have been trial counsel in cases that resulted in 7 figure verdicts.
AlderLaw has grown from a solo practice to a firm of over 15 attorneys, each highly skilled and trained by Mr. Alder in the AlderLaw way. He has implemented a unique team approach where two attorneys work on each case along with two paralegals and a legal assistant. While Mr. Alder oversees all cases, this team approach guarantees that each case will receive the attention that it deserves from attorneys coached by Mr. Alder to ensure that his vision is carried out. All of the attorneys at AlderLaw are trained, experienced, and prepared to obtain the best results possible for their clients, whether it be through settlement or at trial.
Throughout his career, Mr. Alder has consistently recognized the need to give back to others. He is a founder of Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (TLC) and served as its president in 2018. AlderLaw attorney Daniel DeSantis also serves on TLC’s Board of Directors, and all attorneys at AlderLaw are active in giving back to the community through this charity that focuses on issues related to education, battered women, and homelessness. Mr. Alder is also a member of the Board of the non-profit Inner City Law Center. He and attorney Alexis Domb recently represented indigent clients pro bono in a trial against a slum lord where they obtained a 7-figure verdict that included punitive damages against the defendant.
Mr. Alder is also an avid supporter of other lawyers and encourages all AlderLaw attorneys to be active in the legal community. Two AlderLaw attorneys currently serve on the Board of Governors for CAALA, and AlderLaw attorneys are also active in Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), American Association for Justice (AAJ), Downtown Los Angeles Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, John M. Langston Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
- Your case will be handled by a team of highly competent attorneys, paralegals, and legal assistants who work under the direction of Michael Alder and are dedicated to pursuing your case and obtaining the best results for your client
- You control how much or how little you want to be involved, which allows you to negotiate a referral fee based on how actively you want to be involved in the litigation
- In almost all cases, AlderLaw will pay all costs associated with the litigation of the case
- AlderLaw’s attorneys are highly respected in the legal community, including 6 Southern California SuperLawyers and 5 Southern California Rising Stars
- AlderLaw’s attorneys work with the best mediators on a daily basis and if a case has AlderLaw’s name on it, the mediators know to take it seriously
- AlderLaw’s attorneys are expert negotiators and have obtained record settlements for their clients
- Should a case have to be tried, Michael Alder and his associates are highly skilled trial attorneys and Michael Alder is widely regarded as one of the top plaintiffs’ attorneys in the state
- The majority of AlderLaw’s attorneys have been trial counsel in cases resulting in 7-figure jury verdicts
- AlderLaw will help you obtain the results you want for your clients