“You miss 100% of the shots you do not take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Michael Alder is owner and Senior Trial Attorney at AlderLaw, a leading Los Angeles firm that represents plaintiffs in personal injury, business torts and employment litigation cases. As one of the top trial attorneys in California, Mr. Alder vigorously pursues all cases on behalf of his clients who have suffered injustices.
As an underdog advocate, Mr. Alder takes pride in being personally involved in every case his firm takes on. Along with his team of lawyers, paralegals, law clerks and litigation assistants, he is consistently breaking records and earning the praise of the press with significant settlements and impressive verdicts.
The former CAALA president, well renowned speaker, and published author on trial strategy has a long history of supporting other trial attorneys. Mr. Alder maintains a 9,000-deposition database and an expert witness directory and provides information, at no charge, to up and coming lawyers upon request.
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer 2004 – 2019
- Winner of the prestigious Clay Award and named the personal injury “California Attorney of the Year” by California Lawyer – 2014
- 3-time Nominee for California’s Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Made Daily Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers in California list in 2011
- Declared as one of the Daily Journal’s Top 20 under 40 in 2005
- Youngest lawyer to be named Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles’ (CAALA) “Trial Lawyer of the Year”
Louisiana State University, Undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) – Member since 2003
- Los Angeles Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee
- Founder and 2018 President of Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities
- Board Member of the Inner-City Law Center
- American Museum of Tort Law – Founder
- Consumer Attorneys of California – Member since 2001
- Consumer Attorneys Association Of Los Angeles – President in 2012 and member of the Board of Governors since 2001
- Serves on the board of directors for the National Hispanic Media Coalition and the Metro Los Angeles YMCA – since 2020
Mr. Alder has repeatedly been recognized for his professional accomplishments and a few of his many successes include:
- Created the “Warrior Fund” to level the playing field for new lawyers pursuing cases against big multi-national corporations and well-funded insurance companies. We help people by providing free case funding up to $10,000 per case.
- In 2011, he was the first attorney in the country to have 3 verdicts listed in Verdict Search’s “Top 100 Verdicts” of the year when he obtained:
- Largest personal injury verdict in Ventura County history ($39.4 million)
$29.1 million personal injury verdict in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana history
- Breach of Contract Award with Punitive Damages in Los Angeles County ($33 million)
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Louisiana